„The Spotify Model“ of agile at scale has had a huge amount of attention in the agile community since it was first shared widely in 2012. Though never originally intended as a framework or model, the case study of Spotify’s approach to agile working has become a hit with a large number of organisations who have opted to imitate the method. This course will help you and your team to understand how and why it was optimized, the challenges that come with the method, and how companies can adapt and continue to evolve while employing this strategy of agile at scale.
You will gain a deep and wide knowledge of how Spotify works under the hood, which will enable you to see more options for improving organisational design with regards to your context and boundaries. You will learn why Spotify made the decisions they made, other options which were considered, and which changes were intentional and which were emergent.
This hands-on workshop will explore underlying principles and go into specific practices and mechanisms. You will learn how to combine small, autonomous teams with strategic business alignment, how to work with leadership and growing leaders, innovation and the values and beliefs which shape the culture which created „The Spotify Model“.
Learn how to:
- Create a great place to work that enables agile at scale
- Redesign your organisation to better engage employees and leverage the power of autonomous teams
- Combine small, autonomous teams with strategic business alignment
- Work with leadership and emerging leaders
- Tackle challenges which come with agile methodology
- Understand the Spotify development framework and apply it in context to your business